Worldwide Data for your App!
ReadyMap Tiles is a pre-tiled, worldwide collection of satellite imagery and elevation data that is ready for immediate use with your app!
Data preparation is a labor-intensive, expensive task. We can help. ReadyMap Tiles is a cost-effective, plug-and-play service for anyone who needs a worldwide base map without the cost and effort of becoming a GIS expert, sourcing data, and spending weeks or months creating a usable geospatial dataset.
Is it for you?
The ReadyMap Tiles dataset is a turn-key data solution for networked or disconnected environments.
- Works with popular Web Mapping frameworks like OpenLayers, Leaflet, GeoExt, and ESRI ArcGIS
- Works with 3D tools like Cesium (imagery only at this time) and osgEarth
ReadyMap Tiles is the perfect solution when you need to:
- Use worldwide map tiles in a disconnected environment (no Internet access)
- Distribute an embedded basemap with your product
Here is a preview of the worldwide imagery in ReadyMap Tiles. It’s a composite of visible-spectrum 15m Landsat data and 500m Blue Marble-NG data.
About the data
- Imagery: Worldwide composite of UMD Global Land Cover Facility ETM+ data (up to 15m resolution over land) and NASA BlueMarble-NG data (~500m resolution in ocean areas). We applied our own custom image processing algorithms to transform the raw data into the visible spectrum. Each tile is a 256×256 image. Format = TMS/JPEG.
- Elevation: Worldwide composite of SRTM height fields, a composite of CGIAR-CSI SRTM (up to 90m data over land) and SRTM 30+ bathymetric from UCSD (~1km resolution in ocean areas). Each tile is a 257×257 single-channel coverage grid with matching edges. Format = TMS/TIFF. (Note: this is NOT rasterized elevation imagery; it is real elevation posts.)
- Data comes pre-tiled according to the Tile Map Service (TMS) specification up to level 13 (130+ million tiles)
- Stored on a USB 3.0 external hard drive for plug-and-play operation with Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems
- Dataset is ready to use by TMS-compliant software such as osgEarth, OpenLayers, Leaflet, etc. either behind a simple HTTP server or straight from disk.
Contact us for pricing information!
Terms & Conditions
To use this dataset, we require that you:
- Agree to never make the data publicly available in any way
- Agree to only redistribute the data as an integrated component of another software system
- Agree not to resell the data outside the context of an integrated system
- Agree to abide by any attribution or other legal requirements imposed by the originators of the source data components
Ready to get started? Have further questions for us? Want to inquire about custom datasets? Contact us.